Saturday, October 6, 2012

       Well.....here goes nothing!!! This is my first EVER blog...I am a little intimidated, a little excited, and overwhelmed with what to start out with, but there is a first time for everything, so here we go. I will start off by telling you all a little bit about myself....I am a wife and mother first and foremost. My husband and I have been married for going on 16 years and my children children are 14, 13, 8 and 7!!! The oldest 2 are boys and the younger 2 are girls!! My mom and I have a cleaning business and I recently started my own Photography business. I attend Church on a regular basis and teach a small kids class at our mid-week gathering. So I am slightly busy:)

Speaking of my photography business....that is what this blog will be mostly about. I intend to blog about my endeavors, the good and the not so good days, and what I have and am learning along the way. I decided to start my business about a year ago after a friend asked me to photograph her and her family for their holiday pictures. I had always loved photography and taking pictures...in fact I think it annoyed my family the most because anytime we had a family function, i.e. birthday parties, holidays, I was ALWAYS the one with the camera, running around taking pictures, some candid some set up. I took thousand of pictures of my kids as they grew and on every vacation we took. Then I started taking pictures at our church functions and giving them to the Pastor to use in our media. My husband bought me a really nice Nikon point and shoot and then I went into full photography mode!! I had already had a nice Kodak point and shoot but after I got my Nikon I began to capture any and everything!! I LOVED IT!!! So after I would fill the memory cards and go and print them I realized I could probably print them myself cheaper...So I bought myself a small picture printer. I began to fall more and more in love with photography everyday!!! Then last year after my great friend asked to do her pictures for her and thru the encouragement of my Husband....I started a Facebook page and started to lots of research and reading blogs and forums, watching tutorials on you-tube and talking with a friend who already had an established photography business. I have learned so much more than I could have imagined in the last year. I have never taken any kind of class or had any type of formal training but have had the next best thing in those sources. My Husband surprised me on our last anniversary with a Nikon DSLR!! I gotta say....I have a pretty amazing guy!! The Lord blessed me with an amazing man!! Back to the subject....so in the last year I have been learning and practicing on anything and anybody that would let me!! I gotta thank my family for being subjects and letting me practice on them!! I was slightly discouraged at how long it was taking for my business to take flight, but after alot of prayer, I understand that everything has its season and I had the chance to learn and practice and do things in that year that I may not have had if the business just took off right out of the gate!!

So, that brings me to today, I am networking and blogging and all sorts of stuff that is new and neat!! I recently got to photograph an AMAZING wedding of the cutest couple(I will blog about that soon!!) and photographed the Dedication of some really cute kids at our church. I just love photography and the moments it can capture. I love the feeling you get when you look at a picture from years ago and instantly you can remember that moment. A picture can take you back like a song does, except the song ends and the picture can last forever. I feel like my song has just begun and I hope to take you all along for the ride. I hope you all enjoy the blogs and photos that i will be sharing with you. I am in the process of starting a web page so make sure to check back to find out when that will launch. But in the meantime you can stop by and visit my facebook page and while your there if you could like my page that would be awesome!!
JW

Visit me @ Facebook stop by and have a look and a like:)

No comments:

Post a Comment